Back in 2017 we took on the challenge of creating a side scroll style game using only Articulate Storyline to produce the mechanics of the game. This was the result, and we believe it is possible to go even further, adding motion paths for jumps and collision detection for enemies, perhaps it would be possible to build a game in the style of Mario one day!
This side-scrolling game
was built using
- Slider variables triggered by keyboard up/down actions
- Animated GIFs for character states
- Variables assigned to inventory items
- This game features in our online tutorial course, available to buy today in our store
- The game was also submitted to the eLearning Heroes Challenge #198 Designing Escape The Room Puzzle Games in E-Learning